Sunday, December 30, 2012

Market Day


What is there to say about market day that pictures can't say better. Every vendor is cutting cheese to offer the taste, pouring their raki in hope of a sale, handing you a spoonful of wonderful Cretan honey, scooping out unbelievable varieties of olives to try.


And then there are the vegetables. Fresh. Lush. Organic!






Imagine in December seeing this kind of fresh picked local vegetables, meats and others. 


Warning- this may not be suitable to everyone- reads further at your own risk


Here is a dish I would like to try - but have yet to found on a menu. I'm told I will get it in the village travinas. I shall let you know how sheep heads taste!



Sheeps Head



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.